From the start of activity, more than forty years ago, R&D&I has been a continuous commitment of the company, introducing the first developments in the fields of electrotechnia and board construction. Already then, complex automations were developed starting with electrotechnical elements such as relays and contactors, making ELINSA one of the first national companies to use programmable automatons.
Among the many products designed and manufactured by us in the market, it is worth highlighting the prototype for the unattended water and energy supply to vessels. This was developed in cooperation with the Department of Electrical Engineering of the University of Vigo. Several units of this "Provisioning Control Module (C.S.M)" are at present installed and working at the Port of Vigo.
Another project we have developed, also related to this sector, is the comprehensive control, operation and maintenance system of electrical equipment in harbours.
Nowadays, one of the most important research lines we follow is that of Renewable Energies and the design of power electronics equipment, especially in relation with converters.
Among the projects carried out, the following are worth mentioning:
- 2017-2018 "CES Project. Emulator of power adaptation system for submarines ".
- 2017-2018 "SAP Project. Power Adaptation System inside the Air Independent Propulsion (AIP) plant of the S80 submarine of the Spanish Navy ".
- 2016-2018 "ARTECH - Technologies for the adaptation of renewable generation systems to arctic climates". Supported by CONECTA PEME Program IN852A.
- 2015-2017 "Advanced Off-Grid Power Generation System: Plug & Play and 100% Renewable, OG +”. Supported by FEDER-Innterconecta Program. ITC-20151130.
- 2015-2016 "Adaptive multi-back tracking e + for solar photovoltaic trackers".
- 2013-2014 "Development of an induction heating equipment", within the project “Development of advanced solutions for friction stir welding for the naval sector (FSHIP) ". Supported by FEDER-Innterconecta Program. ITC-20133008.
- 2013-2014 "Adaptive control of the induction tempering process, by adjusting and compensating the electrical parameters of the induction equipment" and "Fail predictive control of the electronic and electrical devices of high-power generating equipments" within the project "Development of new technologies and strategies for manufacturing small batches for automotive components (Lead Time 1) ". Supported by FEDER-Innterconecta Program. ITC-20133058.
- 2013-2014 "Development of inverters adapted to the modules manufactured with Si-UMG material" within the project "Production of electric power with Si-UMG solar panels: Optimization of the process throughout the value chain". Supported by FEDER-Innterconecta Program. ITC-20133110.
- 2013-2014 "Retrofit of integral electrical control system in old wind turbines".
- 2013-2014 "Dynamic reactive power compensation system in wind farms".
- 2011-2013 “Control structures for power electronic converters applied to demanding sectors such as fuel cells”.
- 2010-2011 “Helicopters starter rectification for the LHD vessels of the Australian Army”.
- 2007-2009 Comprehensive Design Project of a Solar Farm with Energy Management Optimization. Supported by the CDTI, SOL-00005720 and the IGAPE, IG131.2007.1.4.
- 2006-2007 Development Project of the Provisioning Control System. Subsidized by the Ministry of Innovation and Industry of Xunta de Galicia. File number: IN841C-2006/06
A Management System is currently being implemented according to the ISO 166002:2006 standard.
ELINSA is recognized since 2016 as an INNOVATIVE COMPANY by the Ministry of Economy of the Government of Spain.